Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Crystal Ball - Upcoming Articles

This is a page/article that I am planning on updating regularly. I am going to keep a running list of ideas for articles, new sections, etc. etc. AND I am all for taking suggestions for what YOU would like to see in the comments section of this page. So, without further ado:

Upcoming WDTV Tutorials:

How to Use FTP to Send Files To and Get Files From Your WDTV

How to Control Your WDTV from a Website


Ideas for New Website Sections:

The Android/iOS/? Tablet Market - Explanations of Hardware, Features, Etc. to help you navigate the ever expanding tablet market

Lightwave 9/10 Tutorials - 3D design for everyone? :)

Hacking Your Home Router - Clear Guides Explaining How to Install and Use the Ever Popular DD-WRT custom router firmware

Remote Control Your... Life? - Controlling your home (media devices, garage doors, lights, windows, locks? from a smart phone).

Website Design using Blogger - Blogger/Blogspot is one of the best "free" options available in my opinion for website design. It is very easy to use and a fairly powerful platform. When paired with another program (not free) called Artisteer, you end up with ALOT of design options as well. I want to make a tutorial series so easy to follow your grandmother could do it (almost) :)... I have been using blogger for over 2 years now and I have picked up a few tricks and tips along the way. I look forward to sharing them!

Website Design using Drupal - This is the best "non-free" option for website design. Drupal is a powerhouse platform. I have heard it said that one could build a website like Facebook using Drupal. Drupal itself is free but often time you have to have web hosting (which unlike blogspot/wordpress/etc. is not free). Drupal is very easy to use relative to its feature set, however it has a vast feature set :) and can be a bit intimidating for the burgeoning developer. I want to make a tutorial set so easy to follow your grandmother who already went through my blogger tutorials could do it :)

So, aside from bring the elderly generation along as far as technology and computing goes, what would you like to see out of a "technical how-to" website? I would love to hear your feedback!

0 comments:

Post a Comment