Sunday, October 24, 2010

WDTV Wireless Working - Torrents Working!

I have some really exciting news!

I was able to get my wireless up and running smoothly with my WDTV! Not only that, I can browse through torrents on the WDTV and set them to download all from the OSD (On Screen Display) with the remote!

This is really exciting, as it is completely changing how I use my WDTV!

Thanks to how quick bittorrent is, I can sit down, pick out the latest episodes of my favorite shows and be watching the first episode in as little as 5 minutes. While I am watching, the next several episodes are downloading and ready when I am finished. All accessible through my WDTV. It isn't quite TV on demand but it is close enough for me.

Getting all of this setup, however, was also rather complicated :(... and took me quite a while to figure out.

With all of that being said, I am going to start by making a video on how to get wireless networking up and running.

I will then make a video on how to share folders with Windows 7 via CIFS (which is slower than NFS but much easier to setup and seemingly more stable at this point)

Finally, I will make a video tutorial on how to setup utorrent to work with the WDTV to download videos which are then accessible to the device.

So, for all of you out there like me who are still enjoying your first generation, no-frills box, I have some nice improvements in the works to get all of the value you possibly can from your device.

Keep checking back, great things are sure to come!

0 comments:

Post a Comment